Policies & Procedures
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives ABMM Staff enough time to fill the slot.
NO SHOW POLICY:
Clients who fail to be home for appointments will be deducted a massage from there package. It is important that our massage therapists are compensated for reserved time slots.
ARRIVAL TO YOUR MASSAGE:
Therapist will arrive for your appointment 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to fill out the appropriate client form (new clients), change and prepare for the service. All massages have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service(s) may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- ABMM Massage therapists are licensed professionals and held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- ABMM Massage Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, and musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment – or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer not to discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
For clients undergoing chemo and radiation therapies – ABMM Massage is just for you. Please note that we require a doctor’s note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired treatment.